“Transparency” is a fluent word that you here from every elected official, unfortunately; recent events beg the differ.
May 13th, 2020 the City Manager releases a Memorandum stating the need to furlough employees, including First Responders, exempting the City Commission, City Managers, and Assistant City Managers. The City Manager predicted a $25,000,000 of lost revenue due to Covid-19. This unforeseen decision raises several questions for obvious reasons:
1. How many other cities were predicting a revenue loss from Covid-19 you ask? The answer is none.
2. Why were ONLY Union employees arranged to be furloughed? If there truly was a need to furlough, why wouldn’t everyone fall under this umbrella, including the entire Commission and City Manager?
3. Where and from what did this $25,000,000 of lost revenue prediction originate from?
4. $17,000,000 was miraculously found, from where did those funds originate?
5. Is the city of Miramar really in debt? Are we funding pet projects?
With so many unanswered questions, there is obviously a need for true transparency.
Once you elect Darline Riggs, she will:
Demand transparency and accountability to protect Your Money.
Fight to end corruption and build a culture of transparency and accountability at City Hall.
Change the culture at City Hall to stop corruption and stand up for transparency.
Miramar deserves honest, accountable government free of politics. Former Commissioner Darline Riggs has a proven record as an uprightness public servant and has taking on special interests to stop pay-to-play lobbyists and contractors.
VOTE RIGGS MARCH 9TH 2021