Safety for all Miramar Residents is one of the top primary concerns for Former Commissioner Darline Riggs. Subsequent to a poll of the Miramar Community and conversations with thousands of Miramar Residents, it is recognizable that every resident thrives for a great quality of life here in the City of Miramar and safety sits as a central piece to that reality. Former Commissioner Riggs is committed to supporting our first responders and increasing police visibility within our Miramar Community. An increased police visibility will undoubtedly decrease crime and improve quality of life for all who reside in the beautiful City of Miramar. In addition to an increase in police visibility, one on one connection with specific communities will be implemented, and functions that encourage interaction from the police with all age groups and cultural backgrounds will be a part of our custom.
As such, Darline Riggs is committed to:
1. Sponsor legislation to hire local residents as police officers so those protecting the community are from the community.
2. Create youth and senior programs to revitalize neighborhoods and keep residents healthy and well.
3. Support and building trust between Miramar community and the police officers sworn to protect them. That requires hiring law enforcement officers from within the community who will engage with residents at the neighborhood level.
4. Proactively assess and make certain that all cultural groups within the city of Miramar are provided with fair treatments at all times.
5. Work with all departments and stakeholders to ensure that all Miramar Residents remain safe and are able to enjoy their quality of life here in their neighborhood.
Vote Riggs March 9th 2021